Monday 23 March 2015

Bedtime story #15: Why Don't I Have A Boyfriend

She asked her: Why don’t you have a boyfriend? She replied with confidence: You tell me. Why would I have a boyfriend? I guess you have no answer for my question, but I have answers for yours. First, I am a believer, I can’t do what displeases my Creator. He ordered me not to to have a boyfriend so I should obey Him.

Allah says in Qur’an: “Nor those who take [secret] lovers." (surat Al-Nisa-25). Secondly, I am a daughter of a man who raised me to be a chaste woman. I am a sister of a man who is proud of my purity, so I don’t want to disappoint them, and most of all I don’t want to disappoint a third man who is my future husband and the father of my children in sha Allah. I am preserving myself to him only.

My mom raised me to be a righteous woman so that I deserve a righteous man. She never raised me to be a toy in any boy’s hand, but she raised me to complete the Deen of a pious man.Also, I am not an easy girl who would be impressed with sweet love words, but I am a proud Muslimah who is just like a pearl in its shell. No one can touch it but a brave man who would value it and cherish its beauty. 

post signature post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment